I love surprises. Ever since I was little, I’ve enjoyed surprise birthday and Christmas gifts. There’s something about the excitement and anticipation that makes them so delightful.
The same goes for food. There’s something so wonderful about an unexpected amuse-bouche or complimentary dessert. And what a pleasant surprise when a simple, one-pot recipe is packed with flavor and nutrition!
This Instant Pot meal has all the benefits of cruciferous vegetables and plant-based protein, it’s ready in less than 10 minutes, and it won’t heat up your kitchen during the warm summer months! What a sweet surprise!
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
8oz mushrooms, cut into thick slices
8oz box Sweet Earth Curry Recipe Seitan, cut into chunks
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2-1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base
1/2 Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce, optional
1/4 cup water
1 small head cabbage, chopped into large pieces (about 1/2″ x 2″)
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
Basil for topping, optional
1. Set your Instant Pot to Saute. Add the oil to the inner pot along with the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the seitan and cook for another minute.
3. Add the soy sauce, No Chicken Base, vegan worcestershire sauce if using, and water. Mix well. Add the Cabbage and Broccoli but do not stir.
4. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set to seal. Cook on low pressure for 3 minutes.
5. Quick Release. Remove the lid, stir until well mixed, and add additional salt or seasonings to taste. Top with fresh basil and serve.